Dental Exams and X-Rays
Our dentists will take the time to review your medical history. It’s important to let us know if you have any medical conditions or are on any new medications.
We will use a number of methods to diagnose any problems you may have, including:
- A visual oral exam
- Dental X-Rays
- Intra-Oral Photos
- Oral Cancer Screenings
- Talking about any changes you have noted since your last visit.
One question that we get asked often, is how often do I need dental x-rays?
The American Dental Association recommends these guidelines:
- All new patients should have a complete set of x-rays.
- If you don’t have cavities and you’re a model patient — that is, you brush and floss regularly — your dentist should take a set of posterior bitewing x-rays (that is, of the back teeth) every 2 to 3 years. Some dentists may suggest annual x-rays.
- If you have cavities or other dental problems, you may need x-rays every 6 to 18 months.
- The ADA recommends more frequent x-rays for children and teens.
Read more about ADA’s dental x-ray recommendations.
Call us today to schedule your $29 dental exam and Xray, Lafayette, Co.
Sage Dental, Your Lafayette Colorado Dentist.
Serving the Lafayette Colorado community, including the surrounding areas of Longmont and Louisville.