If you’re considering whitening your teeth, you’re probably questioning how long it’s going to take. There is no clear answer. The length of time depends on the state of your teeth before the whitening process, the type of treatment you decide to do, and what has discolored your teeth in the first place. One method can take up to 60 minutes, while others can take weeks. Let’s dive deeper!
Common Ways To Whiten Your Teeth
- Professional teeth whitening. This is the fastest and most efficient way to whiten your teeth. This simple procedure can take anywhere from 60-90 minutes and patients walk out with 2-3 shades lighter teeth than they came in with.
- Whitening strips are the most commonly used method and people gravitate towards them. But these are not always the best option for sensitive teeth. If you choose this method you have to be very committed, they have to be worn 1-2 hours every day for 2-3 weeks.
- Whitening rinses usually is the method that takes the longest to show results. Try using the rinse for a few minutes every day.
- UV lights paired with gel is all the rage right now. The gel is usually peroxide-based and it’s supposed to be used alongside a blue UV light. The UV light is said to activate the peroxide and expedite the whitening process. If you use this every day, you can see results within 10-14 days.
- Whitening toothpaste contains enzymes that eliminate stains while brushing your teeth. If you do this twice a day, results can range anywhere from two to six weeks.
Whitening Options at Sage Dental Care
Sage Dental Care offers in-office and take-home whitening options. The in-office option takes just one visit while the take-home option is used once a day for 45 minutes for 2-5 weeks.
Patients also have the option to enroll in our Bright Rewards program, available for a one-time enrollment fee of $99. Those who choose to enroll will be fitted for a bleaching tray and receive two tubes of whitening gel. Patients will take home the trays and wear them daily. If you continue to come in for your regular six-month cleanings, we will send you home with more whitening gel. If you’re looking for more information about our Bright Rewards Program and our in-office treatments, check out our whitening page for one of our two convenient locations: Lafayette and Boulder.
Start Whitening Your Smile Today
If you’re thinking about whitening your teeth, consider going professionally. It’s safe and effective, and Sage Dental Care is currently accepting new patients! Schedule your appointment online today for a consultation. We will help you determine the best option for you and your unique smile.