Situation #1: Your best friend just told you she’s getting married next year and wants you to be her maid of honor. You hesitantly accept, but you frantically wonder what you’ll do about your crooked teeth. Situation #2: You’ve been asked to speak at an upcoming conference for work, and the attendance will be in the thousands. It’s a great opportunity, but your smile is stained from years of early morning coffee binges. Whether or not either of these situations sounds familiar to you, there’s a good chance you probably don’t like something about your teeth. A cosmetic dentist in Boulder shares 4 solutions to upgrade your smile.
How Can I Hide the Huge Gap Between My Teeth?
You’ll be happy to know there are two solutions for this particular problem. And better yet, they can fix more than just gaps in your teeth! If you have stains, chips, cracks, gaps, or even minor misalignments, porcelain veneers and/or Lumineers are a great solution. Here’s how:
- Porcelain Veneers: These wafer-thin coverings fit securely over your natural tooth, hiding any imperfections that lie on the surface of your teeth. Designed for durability, your dentist will need to remove a small portion of your tooth enamel to provide for a secure bond. Your veneers will be permanent, giving you a fully transformed smile.
- Lumineers: Thinner than a porcelain veneer, these are placed without any significant altering of your teeth. Because this solution isn’t permanent, you can choose to remove your Lumineers and return to your natural smile, should you wish to do so in the future. It’s important to note that your smile won’t be as “lifelike” with Lumineers, nor will it be as durable as porcelain veneers.
What Can I Do to Remove the Stains from My Teeth?
Before you run to the drug store to purchase the first teeth whitening kit you can find, save your time and money. Instead, opt for an in-office teeth whitening treatment or have your dentist provide you with a take-home kit. Your dentist in Boulder will be able to effectively brighten your teeth several shades in one appointment, should you choose in-office treatment. However, if you want to whiten your teeth at home, they can provide you with customized trays and professional high-grade whitening gel that will give you the same results in a few weeks.
I’m Embarrassed by My Crooked Teeth? How Can I Straighten Them?
Your teeth are crooked, and you don’t want a mouth full of metal, so what do you do? The right answer is to talk to your dentist about Invisalign clear braces. Forget the years of orthodontic work and painful wire tightening. With Invisalign, there are multiple benefits, including:
- They’re fully removable, making it easier to enjoy the foods you love.
- Clear braces gently shift your teeth, allowing for easier treatment and minimal discomfort.
- You can be discreet about your treatment because your aligners are clear.
- Treatment times may vary depending on your dental needs, but most cases see patients achieving a straighter smile in less time than traditional braces.
How Do I Fix the Crack in My Tooth?
Unsightly chips and cracks can make anyone want to hide their smile. This is why your dentist in Boulder offers dental crowns, inlays, and onlays. Considered both restorative and cosmetic treatments, all-ceramic inlays, onlays, and dental crowns can be used to repair tooth decay and/or teeth that have been damaged due to injury. Not only do they look and feel natural, but they’re also durable and safer for patients with metal sensitivities.
Don’t continue to walk around with a smile you continually want to hide. Talk to your dentist about your options when it comes to cosmetic dentistry treatments. No matter the problem, you can expect to have a new and improved smile in no time.
About the Practice
Our team at Sage Dental Care – Boulder is interested in doing what is right (and best) for you. We know you care about your smile, and you want healthy teeth and gums that not only look but feel good, too. If you are unhappy with your smile but don’t know how to improve it, let us help! Our team can provide cosmetic improvements that will be personalized to your needs and fit your budget. Contact us at (303) 442-4555 to learn more about our cosmetic dentistry services.