Did you know that Invisalign braces can do more than just improve the look of your smile and overall appearance? Maybe it’s not crooked teeth that have you searching for cosmetic dentistry options, but instead, it’s your bite that’s keeping you from being satisfied with your smile. You might be surprised to know that getting Invisalign in Westminster not only improves your bite, but it can give you that added boost of confidence. Find out how.
How Can Invisalign Improve My Smile?
When you hear the word, “Invisalign,” you probably associate it with teeth straightening. While yes, it can and does straighten crooked teeth, it also improves other forms of dental problems such as bite, gaps between teeth, and overcrowding.
These clear, plastic aligner trays are designed to gradually shift your teeth until they reach the desired position. People who choose Invisalign often do it because of the flexibility they offer in being able to remove them for short periods of time. They’re also easy to clean and maintain, and the treatment is completed much quicker than with traditional braces.
By the time you are finished with your Invisalign treatment, your smile will be much more aesthetically pleasing.
What About My Bite?
Whether you have an overbite, underbite, crossbite, or open bite, problems associated with a poor bite are many. They include TMJ, wear and tear of the teeth, difficulties speaking and chewing, and even lowering of self-esteem. To fix your bite problem, your dentist may suggest Invisalign because of its gradual process. The following are the different bite types Invisalign can fix:
- Overbite: If your front teeth overlap your bottom ones, you have what is called an overbite. It’s normal to have a slight overlapping, but too much can be problematic, causing jaw pain and excessive wear on your teeth.
- Underbite: Do your lower teeth appear to stick out further than your upper teeth? It could be that your jaw is pushed too far forward, causing an underbite. This can make it difficult to speak or chew.
- Crossbite: Individuals with a crossbite have upper teeth that sit inside your lower teeth when biting down. This can cause your gums to recede and ultimately, gum problems or bone loss. Teeth are more prone to chipping with a crossbite.
- Open Bite: Finally, if your teeth don’t touch when you close your mouth, you have what is known as an open bite. You may notice it is hard to chew or bite into certain foods.
When choosing Invisalign to fix your bite, your Westminster dentist will need to examine your mouth to determine the severity of the issue. Bites that are overly severe may require additional surgery to correct; however, for mild to moderate bite issues, Invisalign can shift your teeth and jawline, creating a new and improved smile.
What Are the Advantages to Invisalign?
While wearing your Invisalign aligners for at least 22 hours each day is necessary for preventing treatment delays, they are much more conducive because of their clear advantages:
- They’re undetectable because they’re made of clear plastic.
- They’re removable; however, they should only be removed while eating and drinking or for cleaning/soaking purposes.
- You’ll have fewer dental visits because there’s no need for adjustments.
- They’re comfortable because there’s no wires or brackets rubbing against the soft tissues of your mouth.
- There are no limitations as to what you can eat because you’ll remove your trays before eating.
About the Practice
If you’re looking to maintain optimal oral health, the team at Sage Dental Care – Westminster can provide you with the support you need. Situated in a high-tech environment, we offer a variety of general and specialty services, including cosmetic, preventative, emergency, and restorative dentistry, as well as dental implants. To learn more about our services, contact us at (720) 502-6290.