Making routine visits to see your dental in 80302 is a vital part of maintaining and improving your oral and health. The dental professionals at Sage Dental Care work to provide you with the very best in oral health care. We specialize in preventive dentistry (among many other dental services) to ensure your health and well-being. Studies have shown that your oral health is connected to many other health conditions beyond your mouth. Oral health and overall health are more connected than most people realize. Often the first sign of disease may show up in your mouth. We can help you spot those problems and reverse them!
The Beginning of Your Appointment
Before we begin cleaning your teeth, we’ll begin the appointment by reviewing your medical history with you. This is an important step to ensure that our team of dental professionals is aware of any medical conditions that might have an influence on your mouth or vise versa. During this time, your dental hygienist will inquire about your dental history, such as previous dental work, your at-home care routine routine, and any concerns that you may have with your teeth.
These are some things to keep in mind when first speaking with your dentist:
- Any new medical conditions you’ve been diagnosed with since your last visit, even if they don’t seem important to you.
- Any new medications you’re taking (side effects can often include dry mouth and discoloration of teeth).
- If you have any allergies.
- If you’re pregnant.
- Any changes you’ve noticed in your teeth, such as changes in color, looseness or position.
- Any changes you’ve noticed in your gums, such as bleeding when you brush or floss, or changes in appearance.
- Any increased sensitivity to heat, cold or sweets.
- Any color changes to your soft tissues.
- If you smoke or chew tobacco.
- If your neck or jaw muscles are tight or if you’re aware of clenching or grinding your teeth.
- If you’re nervous about going to the dentist—we may be able to help you relax.
Healthier Digital X-rays
Sage Dental Center uses advanced digital x-rays because they’re safer for our patients by reducing the amount of radiation exposure by up to 90%. Dental x-rays are essential diagnostic tools that provide valuable insight to the inner and outer workings of your mouth. Without these x-rays, abnormalities and problem areas may go undetected.
X-rays can reveal:
- Abscesses or cysts
- Bone loss
- Cancerous cells
- Decay between the teeth
- Developmental abnormalities
- Poor tooth positioning
- Problems inside a tooth or below the gum line
Examining Your Head and Neck
During your appointment, we will complete a thorough examination of the condition of the head and neck region to screen for signs of oral cancer, checking the tissues in your mouth, assessing the health of the gums, and may also include taking your vital signs. If we spot any abnormalities, we can move straight forward to a biopsy and get a concrete diagnosis for you.
The Professional Cleaning
Each dental cleaning we conduct is personalized to each patient’s needs. Most professional cleanings will likely include scaling and root planning (debridement) to remove plaque and built up calculus from the tooth surfaces. You can expect your teeth to be polished to remove any remaining stains and if needed, you may receive a fluoride treatment to strengthen your teeth, prevent decay, and/or decrease sensitivity.
Contact Sage Dental Center
When’s the last time you had to search for a “dentist near me?” Instead, simply contact our dental practice and schedule your next appointment! We can’t wait to meet you and serve your oral health needs.